BOOST YOUR JOB SEARCH!
CareerBoost supports unemployed academics with a comprehensive peer group program. This is a novel way to resolve the unemployment challenges of hihghly educated immigrants living in Helsinki-Uusimaa Region. To be accepted to the group, you have to be registered as an unemployed looking for work with the Employment and Economic Development Office.
In the CareerBoost program, you crystallise your competence spearheads for the employers and enhance your job seeking skills in the Finnish labour market. The group also helps to create and grow a network and to remain motivated through your job seeking project.
CareerBoost significantly increases your chances to find a job or to identify another solution, such as further education or entrepreneurship. The group operating language is English.
- Each group is made of 7-10 academic participants
- The peer gropup will meet once a week during 9 weeks - each meeting lasts 3 hours
- There will be a lot of homework - you have to be prepared to work hard
- We believe in diversity!
Based on our experiences we know that your own active effort and input makes the difference, so please be prepared to work hard in this program.
CONTENT OF THE PROGRAM
1. Getting to know each other, goals and expectations of the program
2. Professional ecperience and achievements
3. Competence areas
4. Personality and values/CV
5. Personal SWOT-analysis. Hidden job market.
6. Interview practise/Video interviews
7. Comments to CV
8. Cover letter workshop
9. Plan for future
Further information of the project is given by